PORT OF RAUMA IN SHORT
- The Port of Rauma is the 4th largest general port in Finland. Traffic to and from the port totalled 5,84 million tons in 2018 (exports 4,14 million tons, imports 1,6 million tons). A total of 1 158 port calls.
- Rauma is the 3rd largest container port in Finland. In 2018 the container traffic totalled 263 000 TEU.
- Transport classes: container, Ro-Ro, Lo-Lo, dry and liquid bulk, project cargo.
- The cargoes in port include e.g. paper, pulp, timber, machines such as farm machinery,windmill components and powerplant projects as well as dry and liquid bulk like kaolin, grain, lye, fuels, pine oil and other liquids.
- Port authority the Port of Rauma Ltd is in charge of developing logistics in the port area and Rauma region, mooring an unmooring of vessels, water and waste management, construction and maintenance of port infrastructure quays, roads, railroads and cargo areas as well as land lease and port security arrangements among other duties. The port employs ca. 30 persons. Turnover 11,8 M€, gross margin 6,2 M€ and profit 2,3 M€ (2018).
- Good road and railroad connections from Satakunta, Pirkanmaa, Central Finland Ostrobothnia regions.
- The Port of Rauma is an active gateway to all around the world. Over 20 weekly departures to main ports in Europe as well as the U.S. and Far East.
MANY REASONS TO CHOOSE THE PORT OF RAUMA
- Attractive unit price
- High frequency and possibility to take advantage of return shipments
- Crane capacity of up to 200 tons
- Simultaneous deck cargo handling and ro-ro loading thanks to mobile cranes
- Excellent possibilities for handling of project cargo
- Efficient twin-lift spreaders for container operation
- America reached in just 11 days
- Goods are moved quickly out of the port
- Good rail and road connections
- Low cost of facilities